Saturday, September 26, 2009

Today's a new day.

Thank you all for your sweet comments on my last post. I really appreciate it. I wasn't really as down in the dumps as that post may have seemed.

Anyway, I've hardly eaten anything today. I've been wondering for the last couple of days if I have a mild case of swine flu. I live with my younger brother, and he is recovering from it. I thought I was doing soo well not catching it, because I got him all the way through it without feeling sick, but oh well.. If I do have it, I definitely don't have it as bad as he did. Poor boy was so sick! He was sleeping like 18+ hours a day, so I was waking him up every half hour when I wasn't in class to make sure he was getting enough fluids. Needless to say, I haven't been working out very much. Eh, I'm okay with that since I've done SO well staying in my daily calories. I should be pleased with my weight loss next week if I do get a work out in everyday.

So how do you guys work out in front of other people? I'm a little nervous about this.. I had to keep going over there to see if it was empty the few times I did go this past week. I know I shouldn't be embarrassed about it, hell, I could be sitting on the couch eating a bag of chips instead.. but I'm not.

If anyone happens to think about it anytime today or tomorrow, could you send up some prayers for my mom please? She has her PET scan on Monday.. Pray for no cancer! I can't tell if she's worried about it or not.. I tend to be the person in the family who does all the worrying! She seems pretty content with knowing that her tumor marker was normal, so she thinks it's just regular hip pain. But still.... at least we're about to find out one way or the other.

I can't believe this is Day 8, and I have not binged ONE SINGLE TIME. I haven't even had annoying cravings yet like I normally do (in the first hour of dieting! haha) I truly just decided that I cannot live another day as fat as this. I do not WANT to live like this anymore. My quality of life is crap, but it doesn't have to be! And the best part about it is.. it's my decision! It's all up to me!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

[Edit] I have decided to make two goals. I would like to lose 25 pounds before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my birthday this year, and I'd like to have lost a grand total of 35 pounds by then. Secondly, I'd like to lose an additional 25 pounds between Thanksgiving and January 16th. That would put me at around 180 pounds the day of my cousin's wedding. These goals will be a stretch, but how great will it feel if I reach them?

Current weight: 230 lbs
Thanksgiving goal: 205 lbs
January 16th goal: 180 lbs

That will be a 60 pound lost, and I won't look like (as big of a) hippo next to my skinny cousins!

4 comments:

  1. Will for sure say a prayer for your mom! Glad you are feeling better today! I feel you on the gym thing, I have to admit I work out at home to avoid being around people so I'm probably not going to be the best for that one! Either way just find a way that makes you comfortable and try to remember that they are most likely thinking about burning calories and not about the people around them. Congrats on not binging! I'm hoping I can avoid that today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got finished saying a prayer for your mom. :)
    Hope you don't have the piggy flue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your mom!

    And please don't compare yourself to a hippo-- you deserve better than that (even though I know it's in jest).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swine flu? Oh, no! I hope that's not what it is!

    Back before I had tendinitis (read: back when I was allowed to walk for exercise), I was out with the jogging stroller every single day. I would think that people were probably laughing - why would a 260 pound lady be out with a JOGGING stroller? Ha! I bet nobody thought that. If they did think that, they have their own self-esteem/self-confidence issues they need to deal with. Also, nobody (okay, some people do) looks good at the gym. You go and sweat. It's not a beauty pageant. If anyone does judge you, they are ugly on the inside.

    November is a good birth month, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete